Sunday, May 15, 2011

Motivation

As you can probably tell, self motivation has been difficult for me lately.
It was 5 1/2 months ago when I decided to start blogging, but never pursued it after the initial post. As much as I would like to write down my thoughts, I continually find reasons not to do it. I assume much of this has to do with work, work and more work. Primarily at the office, but lots to do at home as well. I am extremely tired when I get home and find that I do not want to do anything other than wind down.
I have also traveled quite a bit and as much as I love it, I find the before and after time exhausting.
I realize I need to develop a better work/life balance, but I am having difficulty finding one. I think this is taking it's toll on my ability to motivate myself. Or is that just an excuse?
I was always very good at self motivation. If I had a goal, I would do whatever I had to in order to obtain the goal. Lately, I find myself caving in to excuses. For example: I want to lose 10 pounds so that I can fit into my clothes without squeezing into them. In the past, I would watch my calorie intake and exercise until that goal was met in a reasonable amount of time. Well, it's been a good 6 months and no change. Not even one little pound. What's wrong with that picture? Yes, I am tired and busy, I eat late, my back hurts, it was winter, the holidays.....blah, blah.
The truth is, I am very motivated. I truely want to lose 10 pounds. We are cruising in 8 weeks and I am extremely excited. I want to fit in my summer clothes and feel comfortable.
Writing this down has provided me with my "ah ha" moment, as Melissa and Oprah would say.
I have concluded that motivation is not my problem, my will power or lack thereof is what I need to work on now. I'll keep you informed of my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I'm so happy you are blogging! Remember that you have a million pictures that you can easily add here that can help you when you don't have the motivation to write much :)

    Also, you are already super skinny and don't need to lose 10 pounds. However, since you have had an aha moment I am sure those 10 pounds will come off in no time.

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete